RegisterLog In

Entitlement for Medical Claim for Contract Staff

Josephine
Mon, 14 May 2018 11:45:10 AM  (Last updated: Tue, 15 May 2018 09:09:20 AM)

Hi there just need a few clarification on the medical claim for contract staff:

1. Is it against the law if we didnt provide medical claim for staff of 1 year contract with salary more than RM2000 above?

2. I presume there is no cap to the medical claim limit?

3. If they are entitled to Annual Leave, does that mean they are also entitled for Medical Leave of 14 days?

Thank you.

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 14 May 2018 05:37:23 PM

Read the contract again. It will go according to the terms and conditions stated in the contract.

Josephine
Mon, 14 May 2018 06:07:29 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Mon, 14 May 2018 05:37:23 PM

Read the contract again. It will go according to the terms and conditions stated in the contract.

Hi actually im an employer myself, so im just concern if i hire a contract staff of more than RM2k salary for 1 year, then is it still compulsory for me to provide medical claim to them since i have already give them medical leave? 

i know under Employment Act, we need to cover their medical expense but is it compulsory since they bind under company policy?

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 15 May 2018 09:09:20 AM

For those covered by the Employment Act, there is no problem as the Act will cover them. For those not covered by the Act, it is important that all the terms and conditions including medical benefit etc etc should be clearly stated in the contract  If you want to make the contract simpler, you can just mention in a clause to say something like "..all benefits  will follow those in the Employment Act. "

This topic is closed