RegisterLog In

Hospitalization benefits

FC
Thu, 03 May 2018 11:39:11 PM  (Last updated: Fri, 04 May 2018 10:05:35 AM)

IDear all, hope someone can help me to clarify few thing before i proceed with next step. 

Below is my elder brother case scenario. 

1) admit to hospital on sunday. 

2) only able to inform his company about his case on wednesday. Due to the critical condition, he need to proceed with heart surgery one thursday. And i do keep his company update on current situation and what is the next procedure hospital gonna proceed eith.

3) due to the heart surgery, estimated recovery will be need 2-3 months (i guess). And i get inform on the day of surgery, that his company have decided to stop my brother salary with immediately effect while keeping his job position until he able to back to his work position. (Verbally) i doubt whether they willing to issue out an official letter on this.

Additional info: he entitled epf and sosco for his pay and have submit PCB every month. So i think that he should be under permanent staff for his company  right?

My concern is that is his company decision legal and acceptable by labour laws?

If it is no, any advice for me that what should i do next?

Thanks

Gon
Contributor
Fri, 04 May 2018 08:53:29 AM

If your bro is an employee then he shall entitled up to max 60 hospitalization leave. 

Submit all the documentation and the MC (doctor to indicate hospitalization leave) to the company

If not paying then can file complain to labour office

FC
Fri, 04 May 2018 08:59:31 AM

Ya noted about that. Employee does it categorizes as permanent/contract/part time? will these protected under different skim?

because currently i doesn’t have my brother company employment confirmation letter and my brother still unconscious at this moment for me to clarify everything.

Gon
Contributor
Fri, 04 May 2018 10:02:15 AM

then u better seek information from the company HR which type of employee that your bro fall into.

FC
Fri, 04 May 2018 10:05:35 AM

Ok noted. Will proceed as suggested and update here

Thanks alot

This topic is closed