RegisterLog In

termination term in the appointment letter and salary calculation

adam67
Wed, 25 Apr 2018 07:48:38 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 05:04:15 PM)

Hi, i want to ask about the termination term stated in the appointment letter which show at below. Is this valid that company can terminate my employment without prior notice or 4 weeks notice at any reason or no reason at all? Is this count as normal termination term which other company apply the same thing? And how should they calculate my salary after i give resignation letter? Is my salary calculation including saturday and sunday which is my off/rest day? Because I work until middle of month only and my salary = basic salary + fixed allowance + non fixed allowance. If not including saturday and sunday, i only work for 10 days in next month.

Termination term:

"Upon confirmation of service, either party reserves the right to terminate the contract of service by giving four (4) weeks’ notice in writing or by paying four (4) weeks’ wages as indemnity in-lieu of notice without assigning any reason whatsoever.

The company reserves the right to terminate your employment without prior notice and compensation due to misconduct or if performances do not satisfy the employer, for instance, lack of efficiency, skill or responsibility towards duty, frequently absent from work or due to employee’s health problems or any other causes."

Gon
Contributor
Thu, 26 Apr 2018 11:21:03 AM

although term say employer can terminate employee by giving notice however it does not work that way. Termination simpliciter does not applicable to employer in labour law.

If you receiving monthly salary, your pay shall divided by calendar day up to your last day (included ph, weekend whatsoever)

adam67
Thu, 26 Apr 2018 05:04:15 PM
Originally posted by Gon on Thu, 26 Apr 2018 11:21:03 AM

although term say employer can terminate employee by giving notice however it does not work that way. Termination simpliciter does not applicable to employer in labour law.

If you receiving monthly salary, your pay shall divided by calendar day up to your last day (included ph, weekend whatsoever)

Although i already sign the appointment letter, this mean that even if boss want to terminate me with or without notice, he need to send 3 warning letter to me first before he can terminate me? If my salary is above rm2000, is it applicable to me? Thank you.

This topic is closed