RegisterLog In

Reject offer after signing the offer letter

Jenny
Wed, 25 Apr 2018 02:59:58 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 05:00:33 PM)

Hi,

I have just signed an letter of appointment with the following term,

If after your acceptance of our letter of Appointment, you failed to report for duty as indicated in this letter, you shall pay the company, the sum of your two monthly basic salary as indicated in this letter of appointment.

I haven't confirm the commencement date with new company just I have signed the offer letter with above term, I need to give 2 months notice to my existing company.

I have better offer now and I decided not to join the company and would like to  inform the HR manager , is it mean that I need to pay the company one month salary?

Appreciate your kind advice.

Thank you

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 25 Apr 2018 04:27:20 PM

Since there is a clause to pay compensation in the appointment letter which you have accepted, I really don't know whether they will take legal action or not. Anyway, if they have not yet fixed a date for you to report for duty, you may as well keep quiet about it.

Jenny
Wed, 25 Apr 2018 04:29:41 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Wed, 25 Apr 2018 04:27:20 PM

Since there is a clause to pay compensation in the appointment letter which you have accepted, I really don't know whether they will take legal action or not. Anyway, if they have not yet fixed a date for you to report for duty, you may as well keep quiet about it.

Dear KL Siew,

Thanks for the replied.

As I need to give the date join to them. Because they know I haven't tender. Possible they take legal action? If yes, how I going solve this?

Thanks

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 25 Apr 2018 05:00:33 PM

You really don't what they will do or not do. You have to decide. If you really can;t join, you have to let them know so that they can take someone else.

This topic is closed