RegisterLog In

Late payment of allowances

David
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 01:20:08 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 08:51:28 AM)

Hi all, 

Its been about 9 months since i joined this company and since the first day I have never received my allowances on time. They do pay me my basic salary. I am earning above 5k as well. 

I have been talking to them about this from day 1 but they will say the same thing again and again "the company has a long process to pay you on time so we cant do something about it right now" 

So I will only get my allowances after 1month of 2 months. 

What can I do about this? 

Can I take any legal action about my company delaying to pay me allowances? 

Thank you ! 

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 03:57:27 PM

What you can do may be to consult a lawyer about it. But if you ask me, I think one or two months delay is quite tolerable. 

David
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 04:05:50 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 03:57:27 PM

What you can do may be to consult a lawyer about it. But if you ask me, I think one or two months delay is quite tolerable. 

If it was just one or two times, it is tolerable for me as well. 

However this has been continuous since the beginning so I am getting frustrated about this.

I have to remember how much I havent received in the previous or two months back and check if the amount came in this month. 

Chinoz
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 08:51:28 AM

Hi David,

For clarification, is it the allowance fixed or you need to claim for it?

If it is fixed allowance and included inside your offer letter, then you may take legal action. Try consult a lawyer for it.

If it is claim allowance, then this i also agreed with KL Siew. Procedure for multi level approval may take up 1 - 2 months. Instead of remembering, you may try to write it to refer back later.

This topic is closed