RegisterLog In

Training Bond Repayment

Jenny
Mon, 16 Apr 2018 02:35:15 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 04:50:22 PM)

Hi, I signed a training bond previously with my current employer. I tendered resignation recently and my company deduct my wages to cover the training cost for bond that i have signed earlier. Is employer allow to do so by deducting employee's full wages to cover the expenses for not completed the bond period? I did not get my pay for last month and i believe the company going to do so for my April's wages and they requested me to sign the letter for repayment by deducting my wages and i did.  What i can do in order to get my pay back for March & April to cover my living expenses? I am willing to pay back by installment upon resignation....Pls advise. Thanks in advance.

SuharinKL
Contributor
Mon, 16 Apr 2018 04:37:02 PM

Hai there,

Deduction from wages can be made lawfully by the employer only in four (4) circumstances as stated under Employment Act, Section 24. It is my opinion that your circumstances does not falls under any of the said four (4) circumstances.

You may lodge a report at jabatan tenaga kerja for unlawful deduction of wages/salary made by the employer and claim for your salary.

Regards,

suharinsulaiman@gmail.com

Jenny
Mon, 16 Apr 2018 04:50:22 PM
Originally posted by SuharinKL on Mon, 16 Apr 2018 04:37:02 PM

Hai there,

Deduction from wages can be made lawfully by the employer only in four (4) circumstances as stated under Employment Act, Section 24. It is my opinion that your circumstances does not falls under any of the said four (4) circumstances.

You may lodge a report at jabatan tenaga kerja for unlawful deduction of wages/salary made by the employer and claim for your salary.

Regards,

suharinsulaiman@gmail.com

hi Suharin, thanks so much for your quick response. U made my day. Thanks.

This topic is closed