RegisterLog In

can employer deduct employee wages to pay for tranining expenses upon resignation?

Mon, 16 Apr 2018 02:25:30 PM  (Last updated: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 03:35:44 PM)

Hi, I signed a training bond previously with my current employer. I tendered resignation recently and my company deduct my wages to cover the training cost for bond that i have signed earlier. Is employer allow to do so by deducting employee's full wages to cover the expenses for not completed the bond period? I did not get my pay for March and i believe the company going to do so for my April's wages....Pls advise. Thanks in advance.

KL Siew
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 03:35:44 PM

I think you should go to the Labour Department and make a complaint about the salary deduction. Show the officer the bond which you have signed.

  This topic is closed