RegisterLog In

Salary deduction due to change of number of working days

J
Fri, 13 Apr 2018 08:42:25 PM  (Last updated: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 08:10:58 AM)

Hi, 

My basic salary is RM5000, work 5 days a week and work from 10.30am to 9pm. Since after I have a kid, I requested to work 4 days a week. My company allowed me to work 4 days a week but they have to adjust my salary which is reasonable. The formula that they use is x4/5, which is RM5000x4/5=RM4000. Do you think it is reasonable?

My company also pay us for the AL every year if we still have the balance. The formula they use is Basic salary x (number of AL left) and divided by 26. 

I wonder why they do not use AL payment formula to deduct my salary when I changed from 5 working days to 4 working days. The reason given was it is 2 different situation,

May I know is there any formula calculation for the salary adjustment?

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 14 Apr 2018 09:07:28 AM

About salary reduction, that is something to have to talk the HR people who did the calculation.

Divide by 26 is the rate provided in the Employment Act. Although the Act does cover you as your salary is above RM2000, I think the company us using 26 as the standard basis for the calculation for all employees. If you think what was given to you is not right, you can always talk to your HR people.

J
Sat, 14 Apr 2018 11:43:08 PM

If they use 26 days to calculate my daily rate to pay me for the annual leave, shouldn’t they use the same formula to recalculate my salary? Instead of using x4/5, it should be x 22/26? I’m curious. Or there is no guideline on salary adjustment?

Please correct me if I’m wrong. 

Thanks 

KL Siew
Administrator
Sun, 15 Apr 2018 08:10:58 AM

Yours is a special case. There is not formula for it. It is something as I said earlier, for you to discuss and come to an mutual agreement about the reduction of salary.