RegisterLog In

Pre-agreed salary during interview is RM2.5K. Received employment contract after one month working and notice different salary stated in offer letter(Only RM1.3K).

TAX
Thu, 29 Mar 2018 03:27:25 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 06:16:05 PM)

Hi, i just joined this new company as QA engineer for one month. As pre-agreed, they promise to give 2.5k salary. 

I only received the so called employment letter today and found out that my basic is only 1.3k and they add up with some

attendance/food allowance and some incentive to make it 2k above. But still only give me 2.3k plus. Now only they inform me that they will 

only give 2.5k salary after confirmation. i felt like being cheated cause they never talked about the details of how they allocated

the salary during interview. It seems that they have been doing it for long time dy, this is not fair for employees as they can

deduct the salary as their wish by adjusting the incentive given. Is that even legal for them to do so? What can i do to defend

my rights? Thanks. 

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 29 Mar 2018 03:50:42 PM

If you think those terms are not acceptable, just reject the job or you can go and re-negotiate with them further to get what was promised during interview without all sort of conditions.

TAX
Thu, 29 Mar 2018 04:02:14 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Thu, 29 Mar 2018 03:50:42 PM

If you think those terms are not acceptable, just reject the job or you can go and re-negotiate with them further to get what was promised during interview without all sort of conditions.

Hi, i'm already start working. =(

TAX
Thu, 29 Mar 2018 04:03:07 PM

They do not mention about the term during interview and HR that called me just inform me that my salary is 2.5K. 

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 29 Mar 2018 04:13:10 PM

just keep working to the best of your ability and see after confirmation you will get 2.5k or not as promised.

TAX
Thu, 29 Mar 2018 04:39:53 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Thu, 29 Mar 2018 04:13:10 PM

just keep working to the best of your ability and see after confirmation you will get 2.5k or not as promised.

so there's nothing that i can do?

Is that even legal for employer to do so?

I never work with any company that have these weird and unfair terms to employee. 

Incentive and allowance shouldn't be counted as salary.

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 29 Mar 2018 06:16:05 PM

You can give call to the Labour Department and discuss the issue with the officer there. Or, you can counsult a lawyer see whether you can sue the employer in court or not.

This topic is closed