RegisterLog In

24 hours - Resign Not Enough Notice.

Sara
Tue, 27 Mar 2018 12:56:16 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 09 Apr 2018 02:42:00 PM)

Hi Ms Siew,

I would like to get and advise for the below case:

1. One of my fulltime promoter tender a notice resignation letter dated (17/03/2018) via email. During the time she sign our company offer letter, the company had written in the offer letter say that i need one month notice to resign. She just attend herself to our Outlet on 19/03/2018, to pass the bunches of outlet lock key to another promoter working as a team with her and left our outlet on the spot.

Once we receive the information from the outlet, HR dept try to call her but no response from her, due she off the mobile for whole day.
We have text her via whatsapp and sms too to return call the management office to clarity about the reason of resign letter have given.
Until now she didn't pick up our calls and never reply text to us.

2. Do Company have rights to hold her Salary+Comm+OT Wages until she return back to us, due in the contract as said should service for 1 month before resign.She just left, improper conduct of job-handover to the management as well??

3. How to calculate the salary, last day 17/03/2018?

Please advice. Thanks

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 27 Mar 2018 03:31:03 PM

Withhold her salary for the time being and write a registered letter to her stating that the company may claim compensation from her for quitting without  giving notice.

Sara
Thu, 29 Mar 2018 11:52:39 AM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Tue, 27 Mar 2018 03:31:03 PM

Withhold her salary for the time being and write a registered letter to her stating that the company may claim compensation from her for quitting without  giving notice.

Thank you for your advice Ms Siew.

Sara
Mon, 09 Apr 2018 02:31:13 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Tue, 27 Mar 2018 03:31:03 PM

Hi Ms.Siew,

We have draft a registered letter to the promoter regarding that HQ have terminated you due, of short not enough notice and improper way left the from the outlet, company may claim compensation from her. We already send the letter via courier (2 copies). That she need sign both and return one copy to us back to HQ.

she have received the drafted letter (2 copies), then only she text to my boss that "She want the paying for her job salary if not she will drop to the "Labour Law".

That not unfair right, she didn't read the appointment letter proper then now reply us in rude way..
We have her conversation all in whtaspp as a prove.

Please advice what we can do forward?

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 09 Apr 2018 02:42:00 PM

You have already taken action. It is now up to her wether to bring the matter to the Labour office or not. Let the case be decided there when the time comes.

This topic is closed