RegisterLog In

Force to Resign, What Should I React by Law

Chloe
Tue, 13 Mar 2018 10:15:40 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 09:49:09 AM)

Hi,

Good day! 

I’d need advice for my queries. I joined this company as Personal Assistant on last year end of August and I’m serving 6 months probationary, I should get my confirmation by end of February 2018 as per my confirmation letter and they have yet to confirm my employment due to “special relationship”. During employment, I’m actually found my love in this company who is in the management team, Territory Sales Manager in the company. Things are getting complicated, not with the relationship but related to business matters. My the other half has decided to build his own career or business which is the same nature of business with my current employer. The management team had a talk with my the other half and informed that I couldn’t stay with the company anymore due to the awkward relationships between employer, me and my the other half.

So, what should I do and what would I get as this is a case of force resignation or force termination. My Boss has yet to speak to me with regards on this matter. They might get me to work until May 2018 as my the other half last day is end of May. What is the correct compensation from the company by law? I hope I could get this settle in fair as they have decided to force termination on me.

Kindly advice.

Thank you!

BR

Chloe

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 14 Mar 2018 09:21:47 AM

I would suggest you don't resign on you own. Let them terminate your service based on their written company policy relating to such a matter like yours, if there is any. I am aware there are companies that don't allow spouses to work in the same company but I am not sure about lovers.

Chloe
Wed, 14 Mar 2018 09:26:15 AM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Wed, 14 Mar 2018 09:21:47 AM

I would suggest you don't resign on you own. Let them terminate your service based on their written company policy relating to such a matter like yours, if there is any. I am aware there are companies that don't allow spouses to work in the same company but I am not sure about lovers.

Hi Siew,

Okay, I shall act as what you've suggested. Should I get any compensation in this case? I might couldn't get a job in a short period and this force termination has nothing got to do with my performance. The company policy / handbook doesn't state regarding this matter, lover or spouse are not allowed to work in the same company.

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 14 Mar 2018 09:46:10 AM

If you ever got terminated from service, you can then bring the matter up with the Industrial Relations Department and see. Meanwhile just wait and see what the company is going to do.

Chloe
Wed, 14 Mar 2018 09:49:09 AM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Wed, 14 Mar 2018 09:46:10 AM

If you ever got terminated from service, you can then bring the matter up with the Industrial Relations Department and see. Meanwhile just wait and see what the company is going to do.

Okay Siew. Thanks so much for your reply : ) let's see........

This topic is closed