RegisterLog In

Termination of Employee

Elvy Loh  
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 05:37:30 PM  (Last updated: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:38:37 AM)

Good Evening,

There is one IT staff report on duty by 9 Apr 07, and resigned on the next day 10 Apr 07 by giving us a resignation letter stated 24 hrs notice given to the company. As such, the company decide to let the staff left on 10 Apr 07 instead of asking him to stay for one week's notice period. The reason for the management to release him earlier is that he is not doing anything as he is still new in the company.

My questions is:-

1) In our company policy, the staff under probation, who wants to resign, need to give one week notice period to the company. Since it is the agreement between the employer and the employee that he can leave earlier without given one week notice, is the employee still have to pay back the company one week salary due to short notice ?

2) Do the company have to pay back 2 days salary to the staff as he is reported to work for 2 days.

Looking forward for your reply. thank you for your assistance.

Regards,

Elvy Loh

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 07:51:21 PM

For me I will not pay him a single cent. If he were to make a claim against the company, the company may make a counter claim for another 5 days salary against him.

Elvy Loh
Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:30:00 AM

Good Morning,

Thank you for your answer. In that case, you are saying both party have already come to an agreement that the management agree to let the employee left earlier without one week notice. and for this, the management already issue a letter to agree onthe above issue and the employee already sign the agreement letter. as such, the employee no need to pay back the one week salary and, the company also no need to pay back the staff 2 days salary ?

Looking forward for your answer. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Elvy Loh

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:38:37 AM

I don't know what was the intention of the parties. If that was the understanding of both parties, the matter just rests there, isn;t it?

This topic is closed