RegisterLog In

Domestic Inquiry ( important company witness is not available, biased Chairman )

Angela73
Thu, 22 Feb 2018 03:38:17 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 05:30:05 PM)

I am to attend a Domestic Inquiry to answer to a series of  alleged misconduct. The company I work for is small ( less than 20 employees ).

I was notified at the very last minute ( a day prior ) that one very important company employee/my superior that I have requested for will not be present on the date of the Domestic Inquiry.

I also have reason to believe that the Chairman, who is also an employee, who I know for a fact, disliked me. He could also have information regarding the alleged misconducts levelled against me.

Based on these 2 grounds, can I request that the Domestic Inquiry be postponed until the important witness is available? And also that the Chairman is replaced?

It's a foregone conclusion that they will seek to dismiss me WHATEVER the findings at the Domestic Inquiry.

What happens if I choose not to attend the Domestic Inquiry on grounds that I won't be able to defend myself adequately without the important witness? And also the belief that the Chairman is biased against me?

Would appreciate a timely advice.

Angela

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 22 Feb 2018 05:30:05 PM

1. You can request for postponement but not replacement of chair person.

2. Don't absent yourself as they can proceed in your absence and arrive at the a decision unfavourable to you.

3. If there is any bias, you may use that as one of the grounds should your case end up in the Industrial Court.

This topic is closed