RegisterLog In

Company is stalling my EP Visa cancellation

Tue, 13 Feb 2018 01:16:49 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 11:15:12 AM)

Company A: Indian based service company in Malaysia. 

Company B: Malaysian service company in Malaysia. 

I resigned from company A and I have an offer from company B.

Company B offers better salary and other benefits.

HR of company A is playing games with me by stalling my EP visa cancellation. 

HR of company A is demanding for a legal consent document from company B stating that I will not work for the same client/customer either directly or indirectly for a span of 6 months.  

company B is not willing to produce legal consent document. company B is giving company A assurance that I will not be working for same client/customer for 6 months period 

HR of company A is not willing to get over this, he/she is demanding for legal consent document. company B says that no company in general gives legal consent document unless it is a very senior position like manager/director. so, no amicable resolution possible. 

I am currently in India. Can I send a legal notice from an Indian advocate demanding company A to cancel my EP visa? 

I also conveyed this to MDEC but they asked me to check with labour department. MDEC shared this link with me: 

this link is not working. Kindly advice me how I can proceed. I am a middle class common man and don't want to get into legal matters. will I get blacklisted because of this? i have all the rights to get my visa canceled. please advice. 

Wed, 28 Feb 2018 11:15:12 AM

Your situation is a very complicated issue. Even if you managed to get Company A to cancel your employment pass, Company B who intends to employ you will still have to go through the whole process of applying for approval for EP for you, which is very time-consuming.

With your record of tussle with Company A and getting Company B into the picture, I am afraid that it will somehow attract too much attention at the Immigration processing dept.

Good luck.