RegisterLog In

Annual Leave Entitlement

Jean
Tue, 23 Jan 2018 12:12:45 AM  (Last updated: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 09:29:01 AM)

Dear Professions, 

My company states that we will have a minimum of 7 days off within 28 consecutive period working days. Annual leave entitlement currently is used in coherent to our minimum agreed days off. To explain further, now the entire month say I have a total of 14 non working days, I only have 2 days off and the remaining non working days are all my annual leave quota. 

In comparison with many others to say, even on a weekend I will have to apply for annual leave.

Can I seek your professional view in the above stated matter please to help understand the labour law better. 

Regards, 

Jean 

Gon
Contributor
Tue, 23 Jan 2018 12:23:32 AM

can rephrase? i dun quite understand

Jean
Tue, 23 Jan 2018 12:39:40 AM

Hey Gon ,

Example my entitlement a month is a minimum of 7 days off in a 28 calender month.

Now i applied a total of 14 days annual leave in a month of 28 days.

So if you calculate it by numbers,  I suppose to have a total of 14 days plus a total of 7 days off ( which is my entitlement) so a total of 21 days off in a 28 days calender month.

What I am currently given by my company is only a total of 16 days off. Meaning I am short of 5 days in total for a 28 days working calender month.

Gon
Contributor
Wed, 24 Jan 2018 09:29:00 AM

i still trying to understand haha

seem your company practicing different offday+ rest day scheme. I believe you all should have a schedule for working day and offday/rest day. Using that schedule to apply leave will be clearer. then u can ask back to company why u r given 2 day off instead of 7

This topic is closed