RegisterLog In

Terminate pregnant employee who is under probation period

rius25
Mon, 22 Jan 2018 09:51:40 PM  (Last updated: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 08:39:38 AM)

Hi, I joined this company since last year June and I found that I'm pregnant on 2 weeks after on board and I have undergone medical check up before joined the company. My probation period was 3 months and has been extended for 2 times on 1 Dec 2017 as I unable to achieve my sales figure. However, I did not received any warning letter or performance improvement plan since I joined. 

1.  Do i have the right to bring up to the authority if my company would like to terminate my service on 38 weeks of pregnancy as I unable to fulfill my KPI?

2. Will i entitle for any compensation as per my 3 months maternity leave if my company terminate my service?

3. Will i entitle for maternity benefit if I still under probation period?

4, Can my employer terminate my service when i on maternity leave?

Thanks and looking forward to hear from you.

Gon
Contributor
Tue, 23 Jan 2018 08:39:38 AM

pre-employement medical test =/= pregnancy test. They cant detect ur pregnancy. However i think you should know better.

1. You have all right to bring the case to IR court if they terminate you directly without any communication/improvement plan on your low KPI

​2. You are still entitle for maternity allowance provided you have informed your employer 4 month earlier about your pregnacy before your confinement and 2 month in advance for ur confinement period& maternity leave. Current labour law = 60 day maternity day.

3. Probation enjoy same right as normal employee there you still enjoy maternity protection

4, I doubt so unless you dismissed due to misconduct or business closure.

This topic is closed