RegisterLog In

Company retrenching employee

xngjn
Mon, 22 Jan 2018 05:08:48 PM  (Last updated: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 10:46:31 AM)

I had work as this company for 7 years. Today boss announce he will close the company by this 2 month due to inefficient funds. My contract was until end of 2018 May.

May I know how much does company should compensation me? How did it calculate?

Thank you

Gon
Contributor
Tue, 23 Jan 2018 12:20:43 AM

(a) ten days’ wages for every year of employment under a continuous contract of service with the employer if he has been employed by that employer for a period of less than two years; or

(b) fifteen days’ wages for every year of employment under a continuous contract of serviced with the employer if he has been employed by that employer for two years or more but less than five years; or

(c) twenty days’ wages for every year of employment under a continuous contract of service with the employer if he has been employed by that employer for five year or more,

and pro-rata as respect an incomplete year, calculated to the nearest month.

xngjn
Tue, 23 Jan 2018 10:31:31 AM
Originally posted by Gon on Tue, 23 Jan 2018 12:20:43 AM

(a) ten days’ wages for every year of employment under a continuous contract of service with the employer if he has been employed by that employer for a period of less than two years; or

(b) fifteen days’ wages for every year of employment under a continuous contract of serviced with the employer if he has been employed by that employer for two years or more but less than five years; or

(c) twenty days’ wages for every year of employment under a continuous contract of service with the employer if he has been employed by that employer for five year or more,

and pro-rata as respect an incomplete year, calculated to the nearest month.

My was under contract it still fall under this calculation?

Within my contract have 1 month guarantee bonus, do they need to pay it also?

Can they opt to keep me till my contract end without pay any compensation and say will not continue to extend my contract?

Thank you

Gon
Contributor
Tue, 23 Jan 2018 10:46:30 AM

need to check your pass 7 year contracts whether any continuity element ? if yes then you starting date is 7 years ago if not then it start last year.

Bonus also depend on the contract since you wont be able to complete the whole contract as i believe you will only entitle for bonus when you completed whole contract.

They can do that however it still subject to contract and any continuity elements.

This topic is closed