RegisterLog In

Resignation Rights

Jane B
Fri, 12 Jan 2018 01:22:11 PM  (Last updated: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 02:51:35 PM)

Dear Admin,

I have been working with an employer for the past three years and finally, I have got a new job. I have given my resignation letter on the 11/1/2017 (1-month notice). My manager read it and put it aside and said we will discuss tomorrow. I have several doubts as per below :

1.  I am entitled to 8 days of annual leave this year and haven't used it, can I use the 8 days upon resignation? if yes what is the clause mentioned employment act for this?
  2. My company has sent me for one course which was less than 3 days and costs less than RM 1000 and they didn't bond me, this was a year ago. So do they have the rights to deduct the course cost for my final salary? If no they can't do it, what is the clause mentioned employment act for this?
  3. The training (mentioned in no.2) original certificate is with my current employer, can I have it or does it belong to the company? if yes it belongs to me, what is the clause mentioned employment act for this?
  4. I am required to report to the new job on the 12/2/2017, let's say if my boss doesn't approve my resignation can I leave on the 10/2/2017 as per my resignation letter if I can't exercise my annual leaves?

I am asking all these questions along with clause as proof to defend myself with my employer. Many who resigned from my current company actually could not use their Annual Leaves, received very very less salary for their last month, were forced to extend their resignation date and were not given their training certificates.

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 12 Jan 2018 02:23:44 PM

What you should do is to give your resignation letter to your HR department and not to your manager. Deal with the HR people only about all the questions you wish to raise. Of course you still can have a chat with your manager see what he says. But at the end you still deal with HR. 

Jane B
Fri, 12 Jan 2018 02:40:33 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Fri, 12 Jan 2018 02:23:44 PM

What you should do is to give your resignation letter to your HR department and not to your manager. Deal with the HR people only about all the questions you wish to raise. Of course you still can have a chat with your manager see what he says. But at the end you still deal with HR. 

My Manager has two roles, both HR and Operation Department that is why I submitted to him. So what I should I do?

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 12 Jan 2018 02:51:35 PM

In that case, go and have friendly  chat with him. Anyway, stand your ground if you bent on leaving, whatever he may say.

This topic is closed