RegisterLog In

Verbal termination

Wed, 29 Oct 2008 12:18:08 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 03:03:35 PM)

Hi Mr. Siew,

I have been working for a company for several years, recently the company business is not so well and my company kept delay our salary.

Few days ago, my boss ask me work on deepavali, and i said i can't and give her a reason, she didn't give any response and i assumed she agreed.

Yesterday (deepavali) my boss call me and ask me do not come to work anymore verbally...

The second day i go back to office as usual and ask for termination letter, but my boss seem changing her mind and said she will plan later...

my question is, can i go to complain at labor office or industrial relations dept regarding her verbal statement, so that i can get back my benefits?

Thanks again.

KL Siew
Wed, 29 Oct 2008 03:03:35 PM

If you are sure she has terminated your service verbally, you may try make a complaint and the Labour Department or the Industrial Relations Department.

  This topic is closed