RegisterLog In

salary deduction without any information.

Melvin Chai
Sat, 30 Dec 2017 12:48:31 AM  (Last updated: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 01:32:56 AM)

Hi, i have a issue with my current company, i join this company at 19 oct 2017, in oct month i did not get any pay due to their pay off date already passed, ok fine with it. and i get it pay by the coming month (Nov 2017). So i get pay by end of Nov month 2017 with previous month pay (19 oct to 30 Nov, 1 month plus). ok thats fine. Now i facing another issue is, december month, 2017, my company just pay me half month pay without any notice or inform me, and i do not know what happens to my pay, and i didn't apply any emergency leave, annual leave or sick leave even unpaid leave. Can anyone help me in this situation? If i was told that certain things i done wrong i admit it for deduction, but without any notice or inform and deduct my salary i feel very upset and do not know what to do.

Please help me in this situation.

Melvin

Gon
Contributor
Sat, 30 Dec 2017 12:50:36 AM

What i suspect is that payroll software auto recalculate the salary, it assume company have overpaid u in Nov (u taken 1 month plus) and hence adjustment in Dec. i could be wrong and it might caused by another reason.

go to hr and get payslip, ask for reason for deduction

Melvin Chai
Sat, 30 Dec 2017 12:56:31 AM
Originally posted by Gon on Sat, 30 Dec 2017 12:50:36 AM

What i suspect is that payroll software auto recalculate the salary, it assume company have overpaid u in Nov (u taken 1 month plus) and hence adjustment in Dec. i could be wrong and it might caused by another reason.

go to hr and get payslip, ask for reason for deduction

i have a same thought with you. But if this is the problems which mistake by HR, can i get immediately pay back as is HR systems problem.

Gon
Contributor
Sat, 30 Dec 2017 01:03:15 AM

depend on company whether company can pay you straight or u need wait another payroll cycle,

Melvin Chai
Sat, 30 Dec 2017 01:05:24 AM
Originally posted by Gon on Sat, 30 Dec 2017 01:03:15 AM

depend on company whether company can pay you straight or u need wait another payroll cycle,

can i make any complain due to affected my daily expenses and if emergency case happen?

Gon
Contributor
Sat, 30 Dec 2017 01:30:32 AM

19(1) say wages need to pay no later than 7 days after last day of wage period.

But for your case, better talk nicely to hr and account department. ask them issue cash payment for you first due to new year coming la, school starting la...blah blah blah. If not highlight to your boss, put some pressure to hr. 

You go complaint labour office also take time as they need issue letter blah blah blah + relationship will become bad

Melvin Chai
Sat, 30 Dec 2017 01:32:56 AM
Originally posted by Gon on Sat, 30 Dec 2017 01:30:32 AM

19(1) say wages need to pay no later than 7 days after last day of wage period.

But for your case, better talk nicely to hr and account department. ask them issue cash payment for you first due to new year coming la, school starting la...blah blah blah. If not highlight to your boss, put some pressure to hr. 

You go complaint labour office also take time as they need issue letter blah blah blah + relationship will become bad

ya, you are right, by the way i not come for make the things looks bad. But anyway, since everyone is clearing their leave, i think by next week only can liase with them.

thanks for help.

This topic is closed