RegisterLog In

Absent for Domestic Inquiry

Sam
Fri, 15 Dec 2017 02:41:36 AM  (Last updated: Sat, 16 Dec 2017 07:41:18 PM)

I have written a show cause letter to explain on my wrong doing.  But company still insist to hold a DI.  I even wrote another  letter to explain that I can't attend the DI due to my business trip follow by my plan vacation.  

In fact, I have admitted that I am wrong and advised HR to go ahead with the DI without my presence.  Can HR accept this?

I also told HR no need to reschedule as I already make up my mind not to attend the DI no matter what date they try to reschedule.  Can HR proceed what ever procedure they want to and just let me know what is the punishment?

Kindly advise.  Thanks.

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 15 Dec 2017 04:17:05 PM

Since you already have advised to go ahead with the DI without your presence to contest the case, that's good enough. As such you are allowing them to reach whatever decision they are going to make. Do be aware you can be estopped from disputing their decision if you changed your mind and wish to pursue the case further.

Sam
Sat, 16 Dec 2017 05:10:56 PM

Thanks.  I already told HR to proceed with the DI without me.  But they still want to reschedule to another date.  From your point of view, why my HR keeps insisting me to attend the DI even though I already admit the wrongdoing!!! What is the intention behind?   

If they already have the intention to dismiss me, whether I attend or not attend there is no difference.  To me the DI is just a process that HR need to go through to safe guard the company in case I sue them.  Company can proceed with the DI without me and cannot force me to attend right?  

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 16 Dec 2017 07:41:18 PM

Obviously, they want to give you a fair hearing by giving you another chance to tell your side of the story and to defend it. If you still have no intention to attend, you don't have to and you can also tell to proceed without your presence.

This topic is closed