RegisterLog In

Termination after submitting resignation letter

alphashane009
Tue, 12 Dec 2017 05:19:17 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 08:07:25 PM)

Hi,

I have a question regarding termination of an employee's employment. Assuming, an employee tenders his/her resignation letter as he/she obtained a better job offer (with the condition of fulfilling the employment contract, i.e. grace period after tendering the resignation letter). The employer is unhappy with his/her decision and decides to terminate the employment of the employee. 

With this, the employer issues a termination letter requesting the employee to pay back 3 months salary to the company. 

What should the affected employee do? 

Besides this, do he/she obliged to inform his/her current employer of his/her new job (company name)?

Appreciate your advice on the above matter.

Regards,

alphashane

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 13 Dec 2017 05:14:40 PM

The employee resigned and the employer was unhappy with him and issued the termination letter, on what ground is there for you to ask him to pay back the company 3 months salary?

alphashane009
Wed, 13 Dec 2017 06:29:06 PM

The above case was described to me by my friend. Based on his story, his employer issue a termination letter as he was unhappy with the fact that his employee decided to quit after being close to 6 months employed in the company.

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 13 Dec 2017 08:07:25 PM

I don't quite understand the case. If that is your friend's case, tell him to go to the Labour Department and discuss the matter with the officer there.

This topic is closed