RegisterLog In

Terminate during pregnancy

Tan88
Sat, 09 Dec 2017 06:52:05 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 04:09:57 AM)

I’m actually current 6 months pregnant. I joined this company on 11july & 11jan18 should be end probation. I have received feedback not meet work requirement from 3 months feedback until now. company decided to terminate me. should I get maternity allowance? Due date to deliver around on 20 Mar 18.

My salary 7.5k. If I choose to resigned, should I still entitle the maternity allowance?

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 11 Dec 2017 12:35:18 AM

What is the date of your termination of service?

Tan88
Mon, 11 Dec 2017 12:39:45 AM

Suspect 10.01.2018. Now my situation is i’m Under probation, they comment my poor performance since 3rd months. And last few days HR have share with me ask me to prepare most properly will under non performance and terminate immediately. 

Currenly not sure is this eligible for maternity allowance for my situation. HR have not share with me on this. 

Looking forward for your feedback. Thanks!

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 11 Dec 2017 12:59:45 AM

Don't worry too much about your maternity allowance. To me, you still should be able to get your maternity allowance even you are being terminated now not to mention they have yet to do it. Meanwhile, just continue working and do whatever to the best of your ability and let them make the next move, if there is any.

Should you have any problem in getting maternity allowance after you have given birth, you can always go to the Labour Department to get help.

Tan88
Mon, 11 Dec 2017 01:02:05 AM

Hi Siew, 

Really thanks for your advise. To add on, if I choose to resigned now, isn’t i still entitle? Cause I might can’t stand anymore for all the stress.

Looking for your feedback. Thanks!

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 11 Dec 2017 03:47:05 AM

I won't advise that. Anyway, if you really think necesary you may try to negotiate with them whether they are willing to pay you the two months maternity allowance for you to leave.

Tan88
Mon, 11 Dec 2017 04:09:56 AM

Hi Siew,

thanks very much for your feedback & advise.

have a nice day. :)

Thank you!

This topic is closed