RegisterLog In

Offer Letter

MND
Fri, 08 Dec 2017 11:58:37 PM  (Last updated: Sat, 09 Dec 2017 01:07:00 AM)

Hi there,

Need clarification, recently my HR called mentioned that I required to work on Saturday and Sunday. My off day will be on rotation basis. I'm a permanent employee which has served for one year. I'm an Assistant Reservation Manager.
My offer letter clearly stated that my working day & hours will be ( Monday - Friday) 8.30am - 6.00pm. There is a note mentioned: as a management employee of the hotel you are required to work longer hours and including to work on weekends (Saturday & Sunday) as and when required. 
My HR ask me to acknowledge a letter for this amendment. May I know is acceptable? Please advice.

Question.

** I have receive reply from your end but need further clarification due my director forcing me to accept the amendment of the offer letter to work on Saturday and Sunday** do they have right's to force employee to work on weekends and i did not acknowledge anything from them.  Please advice.

Thanks,
Muntaz

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 09 Dec 2017 01:07:00 AM

Before you decide whether to accept or reject it, ask your HR in writing whether you will be compensated for working or Saturdays and Sundays or not.

This topic is closed