RegisterLog In

Termination of Freelance Contract without notice

Belson
Thu, 07 Dec 2017 11:04:06 PM  (Last updated: Sat, 09 Dec 2017 12:39:44 AM)

Hi all.

I was a full time employee for a company until September 1st, whereby I was converted to a freelance contract basis. With a clause stipulating that "This is a freelance contract basis appointment, and may be terminated anytime."

However, in November, I was again offered a full time contract by the same company under a new management, of which I declined.

Fast forward until today when I asked for my pay for November's work, the director cited that I have terminated the contract back in November when I declined the offer. However, I did not specifically mention any word resembling termination of the contract in verbal nor written form when I declined the full time offer

May I know whether I am entitled to the pay for November 2017 under this contract for service?

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 09 Dec 2017 12:39:44 AM

Did you actually do work in the month of November? If you did and the company knew about it, I think they should pay. Anyway, if your salary is not more than RM2000, you can go to the Labour Department and make a claim for it. If your salary more than 2K, get a lawyer to sue them in court for your salary.