RegisterLog In

Dispute over last working day

Arun
Tue, 21 Nov 2017 05:54:20 AM  (Last updated: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 08:27:03 PM)
I need advice. I was with one of the local bank and last working day based on my resignation notice dated 30th March hence my last working day after 3 months notice period was 30th June. My line manager took a week to internally check with his superior on counter offer possibility however it doesn't material. Hence my resignation was confirmed. My line manager however didn't pass my resignation notice as per 30th March. I completed my 3 months and HR paid my last salary accordingly. Bank now sending me letters claiming they have miscalculated the salary paid as they only receive the resignation notice from my line manager a week after 30th March. I have even sent them email explaining on what happened and requested them to liaise with my line manager as he promised will take it up internally with their HR team. Today I've received letter from lawyer. I need advice if I can bring this matter up for higher authority attention as this is completely unfair to me. Thanks.
KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 21 Nov 2017 08:27:03 PM

Hiring and firing are the jobs of the HR, you should have in the first tendered your resignation to the HR and not to your manager. HR was the one who hired you and if you want to resign you deal with HR.

This topic is closed