RegisterLog In

Maternity leave eligibility

Siau chi
Fri, 17 Nov 2017 06:32:58 PM  (Last updated: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 04:21:09 PM)
Hi all, I started working in the company when I'm 2mths plus pregnant. My due date is expected to be March next year. I just wonder if Im eligible for the maternity leave? My salary is over Rm5000 (Malaysian). Currently I'm under probation which is likely to get confirm by early of Dec. According to the hr, I'm only eligible for the maternity leave when Ive served the company for over a year. Any advice on this? Very much thanks.
Siau chi
Fri, 17 Nov 2017 06:38:59 PM
Originally posted by Siau chi on Sat, 18 Nov 2017 04:21:09 PM
Hi all, I started working in the company when I'm 2mths plus pregnant. My due date is expected to be March next year. I just wonder if Im eligible for the maternity leave? My salary is over Rm5000 (Malaysian). Currently I'm under probation which is likely to get confirm by early of Dec. According to the hr, I'm only eligible for the maternity leave when Ive served the company for over a year. Any advice on this? Very much thanks.
I started working on Sept 2017, undergoing 3mths probation currently.
KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 17 Nov 2017 10:29:47 PM

Don't worry, you should be able to get your maternity leave with pay by the time you go for confinement. For serving over a year to qualify for maternity leave is not true.

Subaru
Fri, 17 Nov 2017 10:47:07 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Fri, 17 Nov 2017 10:29:47 PM

Don't worry, you should be able to get your maternity leave with pay by the time you go for confinement. For serving over a year to qualify for maternity leave is not true.

Thank a lot KL Siew..

I have the same problem..
Flip back my OL..it stated there,"for those not covered by Employment Act,  must worked for a minimum of one year".
They told me that i'm not covered by EA so have to follow their contract, because my salary is 7k.

I have joined the company for 6 months, and going to deliver this few weeks..

1. is that true?
  2. If the company refuse to do so..which department I should contact?

Hoping someone can help..Thanks a lot!

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 17 Nov 2017 10:54:46 PM

Subaru, if they don't pay your 60 days maternity leave with pay, you can go to the Labour Department and make a complaint and make claim for the allowance against the company .

Subaru
Fri, 17 Nov 2017 10:56:06 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Fri, 17 Nov 2017 10:54:46 PM

Subaru, if they don't pay your 60 days maternity leave with pay, you can go to the Labour Department and make a complaint and make claim for the allowance against the company .

Thank you !!

Siau chi
Sat, 18 Nov 2017 04:21:09 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Fri, 17 Nov 2017 10:29:47 PM

Thank you kl siew. I hope everything will be fine then.