RegisterLog In

Claim at the high court

Wed, 15 Nov 2017 08:19:43 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 09:11:58 PM)
The employee applied for 15 months of unpaid leave so that employee can accompany her husband for study programme.The employer grant their employee a 12 month's leave.Although the employee appealed for extension to her leave the company denied it.the employee still not returned to work after expiry of her leave, so the employer sent her a letter terminated stating that the employee was not interested to continue thr employment.Question is:1. Can the employee filed a claim at the high court?
Wed, 15 Nov 2017 09:11:58 PM

In any circumstances when an employee feels/believes his/her employment is being unfairly terminated, he/she may file a case at the Industrial Relations Department. If the dispute is not settled at the Industrial Relations Department, it probably will be escalated to the Industrial Court and further to the High Court.

In many occurrences, the Employer may have reasonable grounds to terminate an employee's service, but often the Employer executed the process in a manner that is seen as not appropriate.

  This topic is closed