RegisterLog In

Employment Pass

Autumn1333
Sun, 12 Nov 2017 11:54:50 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 07:56:39 PM)

What is the process of firing an employing and cancelling their employment pass?

My employer fired me but refused to give me any information regarding my employment as did my own embass..

Autumn1333
Tue, 14 Nov 2017 03:52:01 PM

Does anyone know the process....my employer and immigration are refusing to give me any paper work .....so i don't even know if it has been cancelled.

mdkamil
Contributor
Tue, 14 Nov 2017 06:26:12 PM

The process to cancel current Employment Pass.

1. Employer submit to Immigration - (a) Application Letter to Cancel EP;  (b) Expatriate Information Form (DP 11);  (c) Copy of the current EP;  (d) Expatriate's passport

2. Immigration will process the application and stamp cancellation on the current EP in the expatriate's passport

Autumn1333
Tue, 14 Nov 2017 09:15:11 PM

If I was fired by my employer and they do not hold my passport I do.....how can it be cancelled now? 

mdkamil
Contributor
Tue, 14 Nov 2017 10:25:15 PM
Originally posted by Autumn1333 on Tue, 14 Nov 2017 09:15:11 PM

If I was fired by my employer and they do not hold my passport I do.....how can it be cancelled now? 

The process is the same as I mentioned. The employer has to communicate with the employee to obtain the passport for submission to Immigration Dept.

You may visit the Expatriate Services Division (ESD) in Immigration HQ, Putrajaya to seek further advice.

Autumn1333
Wed, 15 Nov 2017 07:25:39 PM

In other words my work visa is still valid until they have my passport and because they are refusing to corporate with me.  They cannot cancel it with a police report 

mdkamil
Contributor
Wed, 15 Nov 2017 07:48:49 PM
Originally posted by Autumn1333 on Wed, 15 Nov 2017 07:25:39 PM

In other words my work visa is still valid until they have my passport and because they are refusing to corporate with me.  They cannot cancel it with a police report 

My answer is based on how I usually do, and what is mentioned by the authority (MDEC) as below -

Company is responsible to cancel the Employment Pass of the Expatriate as follows:
i. Initiate cancellation process via the eXpats system 
ii. Submit the original passport and other documents to eXpats service Centre.

I do not know whether there are other ways of cancelling the EP.

It is better for you to go to the Expatriate Services Division to clarify the status of your EP.

Autumn1333
Wed, 15 Nov 2017 07:56:39 PM

I have gone to all of the services, continued to contact my employer for needed paper, met my employer at immigratio....I really don't know what more I can do ....now that i am unemployed, i have other things i need to focus on; finding another job, packing, and planning my trip....i feel i have done more than my part ...thank you so much for your reply 

Autumn1333
Wed, 15 Nov 2017 07:56:39 PM

I have gone to all of the services, continued to contact my employer for needed paper, met my employer at immigratio....I really don't know what more I can do ....now that i am unemployed, i have other things i need to focus on; finding another job, packing, and planning my trip....i feel i have done more than my part ...thank you so much for your reply