RegisterLog In

Contract / Probation staff

SR
Member
Tue, 07 Nov 2017 11:19:25 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 07:11:08 AM)

I have been employed as a contract staff in a 6 months probation in a college.

I notice that we are only entitled for the main 9 days public holidays : New Year / Chinese New Year / Labour Day / Birthday of yang dipertuan Agong / Hari Raya / National Day / Malaysia Day / Deepavali & Christmas. Whenever there are other public holidays, we are given leave as the building where the college is located will be closed during the public holidays but we have to replace the next day with an hour extra. Is this a must to do ? We are not paid double for any public holiday for the hours we have worked ( this is implemented to permanent staff as well ).

The HR informed me that during the probation time, there is no MC or leave will be provided even though I have provided the proof. Any leave taken during the 6 months the per day salary will be deducted.

They have the timing of if late 6 minutes, the 6 minutes pay is deducted as well.

My question is are we not entitled for any MC's during our probation ? Is this a must that we have to work extra 1 hour to replace the holiday that the college did not declare. Kindly advice.

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 07 Nov 2017 11:32:28 PM

you said you were a contract staff, what is the contract period? e.g. 6 months, 1 years or other period?  What is your position and what is your salary?

SR
Member
Tue, 07 Nov 2017 11:47:22 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Tue, 07 Nov 2017 11:32:28 PM

you said you were a contract staff, what is the contract period? e.g. 6 months, 1 years or other period?  What is your position and what is your salary?

on a 6 months probation. My position is a Registrar and my salary is RM3000. If we are under probation are we not entitled for EPF and sosco ?

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 07 Nov 2017 11:58:28 PM

Looks like you have got a poor deal then. You may have to negotiate further with the company about the present terms and conditions.

For you info, you are not covered by the Employment Act as your salary is more than RM2000. But what you are getting now, are not as good as those benefits stated in Part 12 of  the Act.

SR
Member
Wed, 08 Nov 2017 12:09:01 AM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Tue, 07 Nov 2017 11:58:28 PM

Looks like you have got a poor deal then. You may have to negotiate further with the company about the present terms and conditions.

For you info, you are not covered by the Employment Act as your salary is more than RM2000. But what you are getting now, are not as good as those benefits stated in Part 12 of  the Act.

i agree to that, it is indeed very frustrating.

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 08 Nov 2017 12:15:43 AM

So, after successfully completed your 6 months probation, try to get a better deal on confirmation.

SR
Member
Wed, 08 Nov 2017 12:27:43 AM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Wed, 08 Nov 2017 12:15:43 AM

So, after successfully completed your 6 months probation, try to get a better deal on confirmation.

Will try on a better deal then. Till then am I not entitled for any MC during my probation ?
 

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 08 Nov 2017 12:51:15 AM

That is not true if you were covered by the Employment Act but you are not. You may have to follow what the company give you.

By the way, is the company contributing to to EPF and SOCSO for you?

SR
Member
Wed, 08 Nov 2017 07:20:07 AM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Wed, 08 Nov 2017 12:51:15 AM

That is not true if you were covered by the Employment Act but you are not. You may have to follow what the company give you.

By the way, is the company contributing to to EPF and SOCSO for you?

According to the HR as I am on probation there will not be any EPF and sosco deduction  nor any MC ( any MC taken will be deducted from the salary  ). But when i check with the permanent staff it seem EPF is deducted from their salary but its not credited into the account. 

Is there no labour law for those contract staff whoes salary is above RM2500 onwards ?

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 08 Nov 2017 04:23:29 PM

I think it is time for you to start looking for new job opportunities somewhere else.

SR
Member
Thu, 09 Nov 2017 07:11:08 AM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Wed, 08 Nov 2017 04:23:29 PM

I think it is time for you to start looking for new job opportunities somewhere else.

I agree to that. I am infact looking out as well. But it aint easy :-(

  This topic is closed