RegisterLog In

Salary not paid after resignation

Lynn  
Thu, 16 Oct 2008 11:50:29 AM  (Last updated: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 01:49:35 PM)

Hi.

My last day of employment under company XYZ was on the 23 of September. I was told that I would be contacted to pick up my salary cheque. But there was no calls from them. When I called them to check on the status, I was told that it would be ready by this week. Another phone call to them this week and they say it will be ready by early next week.

My main concern is, what is the duration given for an employer to issue the salary to the ex-staff. Friend have told me that the employer would have to pay within 30 days. Is that right?

Appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 16 Oct 2008 04:34:42 PM

No, it should be paid to you much earlier i.e. not later than 24 Sept. If they keep on delaying the payment, you can make a complaint at the Labour Department.

Lynn
Fri, 17 Oct 2008 12:03:23 PM

Thank you. appreciate your feedback. Will contact them one more time today and prepare for complaint to Labour Dept.

Another thing that they owe me would be my letter of confirmation on the company letter head. When I accepted my letter of confirmation it was not on our company letterhead as it wasn't ready at that point of time. Would this be an issue when I make my complaint?

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 17 Oct 2008 02:02:44 PM

I don't think so.

Kenny
Thu, 20 Nov 2008 01:49:35 PM

Dear Sir,

My case is slidely like Lynn, i have resign from the company at 30/10/08, so my last day with this company will be 30/11/08 but until now i have receive my october pay. what can i do ?

This topic is closed