RegisterLog In

notice of termination and annual leave

ok  
Sat, 11 Oct 2008 03:02:55 PM  (Last updated: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 05:09:07 PM)

When I join this company, the offer letter stated that the notice of termination is 2 month. But few year later, company issued a agreement that the notice of termination is 3 month and force us to sign the agreement.

The offer letter also stated that the leave that can be carried forward is maximum total annual leave entitlement. But a few months ago, my company issued out a notice that only 5 days of annual leave can be bring forward. My company allows us to clear the our balance leave until end of June.

And also all the manager after resignation, can not join the similar business company.

With these 3 policies, it is impossible for us to look for a new job.

My question is if I resign, I need to follow the new regulation or the statement that stated in the offer letter

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 11 Oct 2008 05:09:07 PM

1. If you accept the change from 2 months to 3 months, I think it is OK. The employer will also have to give 3 months notice or pay 3 months pay now;

2. Yes, better clear all your available leave;

3. I don't know how legal is that condition of not allowing to join similar business. Consult a lawyer;

In a situation like yours, I think it would be better for you to consult some proper authorities like the Labour Department or the Industrial Relations Department whereby you can sit down and discuss your problems with them in details.

This topic is closed