RegisterLog In

Termination and transfer

ok  
Sat, 11 Oct 0200 12:00:00 AM  (Last updated: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 04:57:13 PM)

1)My colleagues have been asked by our HR to discuss with them the following items:

a) My company force them to submit resignation letter and if they do so they will get retirement benefit ( is written in the offer letter that if work more than 8 years is entitle to get 1month salary per year of service if resign) and + 3 months salary

or

b) Company will terminate them and only pay them for 3 month salary.

The reason of this is because they are not perform for 1 year. Most of the colleague chooses option a because they don't know what to do if they choose option b. Can you advice what is the action if choose option b.

Transfer

a) My company likes to transfer the people to other department without consult with them. Do the company has this right to transfer people? Because many people resign after they been transfered. I also worry if I will be transfered in the future since I am quite old now.

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 11 Oct 2008 04:57:13 PM

Without knowing the details, I think (a) is a better deal, if the offer is genuine. The only reason I can think of wanting to choose (b) is that you don't want to leave the company. If that's the case, you will let the company terminate your service and then you claim reinstatement under the Industrial Relations Act, meaning you want to get back your job. Since you are worried of being transferred, do you think you still want to choose (b)? Look, this is your future, you really have to decide what you think is best for you. Don't depend solely on the views of others, including mine.

This topic is closed