RegisterLog In

salary withhold not released

AaronBen
Thu, 12 Oct 2017 12:50:57 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 03:49:41 PM)

Hi

I am foreigner and I resigned from my conpany 2 months ago to serve 2 months notice. My last day was sep 30, 2017. My company hold my September pay for the tax clearance purpose. However, IRB already generated the clearance letter and allowed my company to release all monies withheld. Then, I have CC-ed this clearance letter to HR share service in order for them to release my September pay. However, there is non of HR share service giving me any reply.  Even if, I tried to  reach them both via email and international call but it seems to be quiet. Moreover, on October 6th, my September payslip was sent to my ex-office. The pay slip was generated by the outsource, understand that this company is a payroll vender of my company.  However, after checking my banking online, the pay has not credited to my bank account yet.  I decided to contact the payroll vendor but they could not provide me any information due to their company policy. Besides, I decided to write an email to HR and HR share service again to ask for the clarification but there is no response from their end until now. 

My question is since it is hard to reach my HR and the payslip is generated , is there  any other action or authorise action  to take in case my salary is not released. 

Thank you. 

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 12 Oct 2017 03:02:31 PM

It sounds sort of  complicated method of salary payment involving outsource, payroll vendor and so on. Can't you personally go to your former company and sort matter out? Anyway, If you want and your salary is not more than RM5000, you can personally go to the Labour Department and make a claim against the company. If it is more than 5K, you may have to consult a lawyer to sue for it in court.

AaronBen
Thu, 12 Oct 2017 03:49:41 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Thu, 12 Oct 2017 03:02:31 PM

It sounds sort of  complicated method of salary payment involving outsource, payroll vendor and so on. Can't you personally go to your former company and sort matter out? Anyway, If you want and your salary is not more than RM5000, you can personally go to the Labour Department and make a claim against the company. If it is more than 5K, you may have to consult a lawyer to sue for it in court.

Thank you for your advise. In fact, I plan to go to Malaysia by the end of this month to figure out on this matter. In case the clarification is not provided by my former company, suing will be the second option for me to take an action. 

Thanks.