RegisterLog In

Contract Staff

Ricky
Thu, 28 Sep 2017 06:26:50 PM  (Last updated: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 11:42:48 AM)

Hi,

I have joined a company as an Operation Manager position, earlier discussion was on full time employee with a a fix allowance. Was inform that appointment letter will be ready the week I start work. After a month of chaser they come back to me informing that they are not able to offer me as full time but only on Contract basis at the same amount of $$. I request  for further discussion after I see the contract. The salary / fee remain but the allowance was revised as Incentive with a certain target to achive which I do not agree. There's no EPF, SOCSO, annual leave, medical or any other benefits the employee is having. Most of all the contract state that payment will due 30 days from contract date, but the CEO assure it will be out last by 7th monthly but this hasn't been fullfill since the 1st invoice!

I was talkined into signing the agreement as the CEO verbally assured I will get paid on the full incentive where they categorized instead of fix allowance. To add on he will pay me cash from the 4th month onwards on the employer EPF in return. I have been raising invoices with supporting documents for my fee for August on 30th August, they came back to me today only mentioning that they will not pay me the incentive as I did not hit the target that has been given. Apart from that the CEO refuse to pay me the employee EPF (from 4th month) as agree.

Is there a chance that I can have legal advise here if I can file for my incentive and employer EPF?

Thank you

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 29 Sep 2017 11:42:48 AM

1. For salary matters, if your salary is not more than RM5000, you may approach the Labour Department see what assistance they can give you. You should go there in person.

2. Pertaining to EPF, you can bring the matter up direct with EPF office.

This topic is closed