RegisterLog In

Working hours and overtime

lwl
Thu, 21 Sep 2017 08:13:58 PM  (Last updated: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 08:45:55 AM)

Hi.

I’m working a 12 hour shift work. I understand that the maximum working hours in a week shall not exceed 48 hours. And maximum overtime in a month shall not exceed 104 hours. I easily work more than 48 hours a week e.g. 8 days and i’m being paid for my overtime and my overtime does not exceed 104 hours. But there is no limit of working hours including overtime in a week? Thank you.

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 22 Sep 2017 08:45:55 AM

Employment Act section 60(d)

(4) (a) No employer shall require or permit an employee to work overtime exceeding such limit as may be prescribed by the Minister from time to time by regulations made under this Act, and the regulations so made may provide different limits for different classes, categories or descriptions of employees, and such regulations may also provide for such classes, categories or description of employees, as may be specified, to be excluded from their application:

Provided that any work carried out on a rest day, or any of the gazetted public holidays referred to in subsection 60D(1), or on any paid holiday substituted there for under section 60D, shall not be construed as overtime work for the purposes of this subsection;

This topic is closed