RegisterLog In

EMPLOYEE TAKING TOO MUCH LEAVES, MC AND OVERTIME

Natalie N
Mon, 18 Sep 2017 03:59:01 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 09:23:44 AM)

Hi,

I'm having problems with my current employee, working in our office for 10 years already. but nowadays her work attitude had changed tremendously and below are a few of the problem that I'm not sure how to deal with.

1. My big boss works only 4 days a week. off on every Monday

- she will  take leave on most Mondays. if not, 1 week she will definitely take 1 day off. after fully utilizing her annual leave, she is now taking Medical leave. once a week. she still got a long way to go on taking medical leave. can i give her a warning letter on this? previously I gave her a warning letter because she took leave on every Mondays for a few months consecutively. i know she is entitled her leaves but one a week of either annual leave or medical leave is too much. what else can i do?

2. working OVERTIME at home.

-We do not advise doing overtime, except only peak season[accounting line]. can i choose not accept her OT claims of working at home? or should i give a memo clearly stating that OVERTIME at home is not allowed? i do have a proper time machine in the office to calculate their OT and normal working hours.

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 19 Sep 2017 11:58:17 AM

1. What do mean "my big boss" and you want to give warnings to your big boss? 

2. If working at home is not overtime, tell the employee clearly about it. Have a clear policy about it.

Natalie N
Tue, 19 Sep 2017 12:17:18 PM

Hi Mr Siew,

thanks for your reply.

1. what i mean is that, "My Big Boss" don't come on Mondays. and my problem staff will follow and she will be missing on every Monday too. [not to complain about my boss.sorry wrong title] therefore, I gave her a warning letter because she took leave/MC on every Mondays for a few months consecutively.

after the warning letter on the every Monday incident, she will take 1 day off every week on the other days. either take MC or annual leave.i know she is entitled to her leaves but one a week of either annual leave or medical leave is too much. what is your advise?

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 19 Sep 2017 12:40:45 PM

Go strictly according to the terms and conditions of service. If she is entitled to so many day leave, any excess will be taken as no pay leave. Of course you can give her warnings.

Apart from that, since her attitude has changed lately, after working for 10 years, don't you think she is having some something unhappy about with the company? Are you not going to look into that? 

Natalie N
Wed, 20 Sep 2017 09:23:44 AM

Okay Mr Siew. noted and will look into it. thanks for your advise.

This topic is closed