RegisterLog In

My wages if less than RM2000 but under Contract For Service. Am I covered under Employment Act?

Cally
Tue, 29 Aug 2017 05:06:23 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 08:22:27 AM)

I am employed as part time worker with no. of days and hours clearly stated in the Contract FOR Service. Benefit includes EPF, SOCSO, Annual Leave,  medical leave and Off on public holiday and my wages is less RM2000.  

Am I covered under Employment Act, when my agreement is stated as a contract FOR service and not contract OF service?

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 29 Aug 2017 06:22:00 PM

What is the nature of your work, which means what sort of service or services you provide? Are you free to come to work as you like and when you like since there is no mention of days or hours? 

Cally
Tue, 29 Aug 2017 06:32:23 PM
I do accounting job, 9am till 3pm, Mon until Thursday. Have to follow working hours unless obtain early permission for special reason
Cally
Tue, 29 Aug 2017 06:32:23 PM
I do accounting job, 9am till 3pm, Mon until Thursday. Have to follow working hours unless obtain early permission for special reason
KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 30 Aug 2017 08:22:27 AM

In that case with fixed working days, fixed working hours and work at the employer's place, you don't seem to be one of those freelance accounts people. In think you should consult the Labour Department, EPF and SOCSO about your case.

This topic is closed