RegisterLog In

Resign Before Delivery - Maternity

Keanu Reeves
Sat, 26 Aug 2017 10:34:06 AM  (Last updated: Sat, 26 Aug 2017 03:00:40 PM)

Hi. 

I was told by a family member to look into my wife Maternity Pay entitlement since she felt 'something is off'. Thus i would like to ask this question here to clarify things.

My wife has been working with her company since May 2013. She got pregnant in January 15 and that time was expected to deliver in October 2015. 

We decided during that time that it is best if she takes care of the baby for few years and quit her daily job. Thus, on 15 June 15, she quit her job and required to serve her 3 months notice. Since 3 months is a long period, she serve her notice until 31 August 15 and pay the balance of her notice period.

I would like to ask if my wife entitle for the Maternity Pay? Was it right that my wife need to pay her balance notice period?

It is mind boggling and i don't want this to keep on thinking bout it. BTW, my daughter is healthy and as naughty as her mum. LOL.

Thanks in advance.

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 26 Aug 2017 03:00:40 PM

1. She has to pay compensation for the short notice from 1 Sept to 14 Sept 15.

2. As for maternity allowance, she might be entitled to it. She should personally go to the Labour Department and make a complaint there and let them look into the matter.

This topic is closed