RegisterLog In

Resignation - Replacement Leave (Holiday Fall On Saturday) & Incentive

Caroline
Thu, 17 Aug 2017 11:56:43 AM  (Last updated: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 03:44:59 PM)

Dear Admin,

1) Replacement leave - My last working day with the company suppose to be 3rd Jul 2017, however HR and reporting manager request me to stay until 7th Jul 2017 and promise to pat all my leave (3 days annual leave & 1 day replacement leave). When i checked on my Jul 2017 payslip, the replacement leave is not being paid. HR revert replacement leave is not payable.

I have checked with Malaysia Employment Act Officer, they said the company should pay for my replacement leave. With my salary more than RM5000 i am not being covered by Employment Act 1955. I need to hire my own lawyer to claim back my replacemnet leave.

2) Incentive - Beginning of the year, the company implemented a incentive scheme which is to payout half yearly. When i check on my Jul 2017 payslip, it does not included the incentive. HR revert, my last working day was 7th and the incentive payout was 25th Jul 2017.

I have checked with Malaysia Employment Act Officer, they said i should entitile for the incentive since it is for Jan to Jun 2017 which in still in service with the company. But my working contract does not mentioned about this incentive. Therefore, it is difficult for me to claim back the incentive.

Extremely sad to hear that, how can a international company doing that. Can anyone advise what can i do beside hire my own lawyer?

Thanks.

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 17 Aug 2017 03:44:59 PM

Actually, not worth pursuing the matter and move on. Treat it as a lesson learnt and don't make such a mistake again with new employer. Clear all available leave every year, no replacement leave to be accumulated, take it as soon as possible.

This topic is closed