RegisterLog In

Resignation - Unpaid Claim

Caroline
Sun, 06 Aug 2017 11:42:17 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 07 Aug 2017 06:03:37 PM)

Dear Admin,

My last day with the company was on 7th Jul 2017, i submitted my last claim on the same day (7th Jul 2017). Several email has been follow up to check on my claim status with the person in charge. The person in charge reply that she will liaise with payroll team to resolve the matter. However, until today (6th Aug 2017)  i did not receive my claim yet.

This is a international company, their payroll team are reside in India. I can not afford to call them directly. Please advise what are the possible/available action(s) on my side? Please advise.

Many thanks.

*My apology to post under the wrong category previously.

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 07 Aug 2017 12:14:02 PM

You should deal with the person in charge as he is the one responsible to pay salary and so on, I suppose.

Caroline
Mon, 07 Aug 2017 01:01:05 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Mon, 07 Aug 2017 12:14:02 PM

You should deal with the person in charge as he is the one responsible to pay salary and so on, I suppose.

The person in charge can not provide me a date when can i get my claim. Any legal action can i take in order to speed up the entire process.

Please advise.

Thanks.

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 07 Aug 2017 03:26:45 PM

Try the Labour Department but I am not sure whether they will deal with unpaid claims.

mdkamil
Contributor
Mon, 07 Aug 2017 05:41:27 PM

Companies normally have the cut-off date for claim submission and payment. You need to ensure what is the normal practice of your company with regards to claims. It could be that the claim that you submitted on 7th July is not yet in their payment cycle. Or you can check with other employees who have submitted their claims about the same date or later. If they have received their payments then you should raise a formal complaint to the company. If they ignore your complaint, you can lodge a report to the Labour Department.

Caroline
Mon, 07 Aug 2017 06:03:17 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Mon, 07 Aug 2017 03:26:45 PM

Try the Labour Department but I am not sure whether they will deal with unpaid claims.

Thanks for your advise.

Caroline
Mon, 07 Aug 2017 06:03:37 PM
Originally posted by mdkamil on Mon, 07 Aug 2017 05:41:27 PM

Companies normally have the cut-off date for claim submission and payment. You need to ensure what is the normal practice of your company with regards to claims. It could be that the claim that you submitted on 7th July is not yet in their payment cycle. Or you can check with other employees who have submitted their claims about the same date or later. If they have received their payments then you should raise a formal complaint to the company. If they ignore your complaint, you can lodge a report to the Labour Department.

Thanks fro your advise.

This topic is closed