RegisterLog In

Annual Leave or Medical Leave

Meggy Yong
Wed, 02 Aug 2017 04:28:10 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 03 Aug 2017 06:16:11 PM)

Dear Admin,

We had a staff who working with us more than 3 years.  Now she pregnant about 1 month and she need to go for her regular medical check up frequently.  

Question: Does she apply for annual leave for her pregnancy check up  or Consider as medical leave? Based on our company previous record, our female employees during their pregnancy check up, mostly apply for annual leave.  However, if the annual leave being fully utilize that unpaid leave to be apply.  Personally, I feel it's unfair treatment.  Therefore, can HR utilize the medical leave for their pregnancy check up? (proof of doctor appointment need to be attached) during their leave application. Once, the medical leave fully used then we only deduct their annual leave until they are on maternity. 

Looking forward for your valuable advise.

Thank you.

Caroline
Wed, 02 Aug 2017 05:12:33 PM

Dear Admin,

My last day with my previous company was 7th Jul 2017. I submitted my last claim on the day, until now (2nd Aug 2017) i have yet to receive my claim. Several email has been send to clarify with the person in charge with no luck of getting the claim.

What are the possible action can be taken against the company? Please advise.

Many thanks.

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 02 Aug 2017 06:30:59 PM

Meggy,

Pregnancy check up with no MC issued by the Doc, is not considered as sick leave. She should apply for annual leave or no pay leave. If it is possible, try to arrange for the checkup during weekends.

Caroline,

Instead of emails, why not call and talk to the person in charge of claims to find out the actual situation. 

Meggy Yong
Thu, 03 Aug 2017 06:16:11 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Wed, 02 Aug 2017 06:30:59 PM

Meggy,

Pregnancy check up with no MC issued by the Doc, is not considered as sick leave. She should apply for annual leave or no pay leave. If it is possible, try to arrange for the checkup during weekends.

Caroline,

Instead of emails, why not call and talk to the person in charge of claims to find out the actual situation. 

Dear Mr Siew,

Thank you for your advise.  

This topic is closed