RegisterLog In

NO SALARY

devi
Fri, 28 Jul 2017 09:40:14 AM  (Last updated: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 02:57:42 PM)

Dear Admin,

I am working in an organization for almost 33 years. Lately, my company faced with the financial crisis. Our salary was delayed and now we are not paid the salary for almost 8 months. They pay 1 month and then skip 3 months and so on. All the staff are not paid and we are still coming work on time. We met the Labor Officer and she said many of staff complained about my company but they are unable to help us.

Please advise.

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 28 Jul 2017 09:53:38 AM

What's the reasons the Labour Department cannot help you?

devi
Fri, 28 Jul 2017 11:01:09 AM

Dear KL Siew,

According to the lady officer, she wants us to resign and submit our complaint to the JTK.

Many staff lodge a complaint and the JTK is not pursuing the case seriously. That lady told us our HR manager went over to Wisma Consplant and informed her that we have no fund.

So the JTK unable to do anything if there is no fund. They sent a summon to my company.

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 28 Jul 2017 12:08:03 PM

What sort of company is yours and does the company has properties that can be attached should the the staff sue the company and eventually to put the company to bankruptcy? If the company is really penniless, then it would be quite futile to pursue the case.

devi
Fri, 28 Jul 2017 12:54:26 PM

My company is registered under the ROC. Yes, the company has proprieties. What is your advice. Can we sue the company and how to do it?

Thank you 

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 28 Jul 2017 02:57:42 PM

I think you better get a lawyer to give you legal advice or contact MTUC (Malaysian Trade Union Congress) see whether they can give you some assistant in filing claim at the Labour Department or the civil court.

This topic is closed