RegisterLog In

Show Cause Letter Reply

BunQ
Member
Thu, 20 Jul 2017 06:29:07 PM  (Last updated: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 11:55:26 AM)

Hi there,

I would really need a professional consult on my case as below.

I just received a show cause letter from my company with pointed me on below:

Saw me leaving office at 4.12pm and informed me that the earliest I may leave office is 4.30pm. HR asked whether my superior has approved my early release, I assured it. When she crossed check with my superior, she mentioned that my WhatsApp message was just delivered. My act failure to notify my superior prior to leaving office and act in disregard of honestly to client.

FYI:

1) I'm a contractor and now is the 9 months here. There is no orientation/induction/handbook about HR rules sharing so far.

2) Time flexible practice in the company. I'm practicing 8-9.30am as usual. (As my MNC experienced and seniors in the office told me, time flexible only need to notice superior, only work from home need approval)

There was 1 time (7 months ago) I came 7.45am-4.45pm and my superior around, and she just have a short chat with me about 'Oh, you are came in earlier, will back earlier?' but she didn't noticed me need approval from her.

So, I'm not early release on that day. But came in 7.15am and left at 4.18pm. 

3) Approval. I had sent out a WhatApp to my superior since she was on business traveling. Content as below:

'Hi Boss. Just to note, I'm caming in at 7.15am today, so I'm leaving soon for my medical check up. Agency is reverting, so I'll check email again when I'm done" sent at 4.18pm, then I left.

My superior replied: 'Please go ahead. But please note that you need to get my approval ahead of time.' (this was the 1st time I noticed need approval)

My replied: 'Oh ok, sorry for that. Will get approval in future. Thanks for your understanding.'


So, I never noticed I need approval from my past 9 months practice. And this was the 1st time been told, but I did apologized and noted will ask for next time. (I left when message sent because I had noticed my superior.)

4) The earliest leaving time was 4.30pm. During the time I getting in office, there were 4 associates already here. When I left, 2 of the associates were in the meeting, and I saw another 2 associates left at 4pm, only I started prepare myself and sent my superior message then left. As a contractor, I always make sure I'm following office culture and rules. I never dare to break any rules if I noticed it earlier.

So, I'm wonder why other associates allowed but I can't. If there are not applicant on contractor, then better don't give flexibility or mention clearly what is the limitation.

5) I'm wonder can this issue raised to show cause letter for just the 1st time of miscommunication, but not verbal warning?

If I knew it and did it again, I'll admit it. But for this issue, I'll only admit my fault on miscommunication but never related to unprofessional or honestly.

I'm really looking for professional help to advice me on how to reply the show cause letter with professional and clear on my stand point at I'll only admit my fault on miscommunication but never related to unprofessional or honestly. I really need a helping hand to make sure this issue can be harmless in my career in future.

Thanks for taking time for consideration.

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 21 Jul 2017 08:13:51 AM

You said you were a contractor, what sort of services do you provide and what are the terms and conditions stated in the contract?

BunQ
Member
Fri, 21 Jul 2017 08:19:36 AM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Fri, 21 Jul 2017 08:13:51 AM

You said you were a contractor, what sort of services do you provide and what are the terms and conditions stated in the contract?

Thanks KL Siew.I'm working as marketing exe. Contract just stated 9-6 including 1 hour lunchTime flexible been told during interview verbally. FYI, my previous two mnc did the same way. But I did stated as below for salary claim form monthly (from dec16 till jun17):Working hours: 9 am - 6 pm (flexible). The salary claim form had verified by my superior monthly with signed. Then my recruitment agency will pay me salary and use it to claim from my company.
KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 21 Jul 2017 09:34:39 AM

So, your actually an employee of the agency (that pays your salary, contribute to EPF and SOCSO) and not an employee of the company that issued you with the show-cause letter, is that correct? If that is true, then I think the company has no business to issue you show-cause letter. What they should do is to complain to the agency if they are not happy with your services. 

Anyway, about those show-cause letters, issued rightly or wrongly aside,you could easily resolve the problems by avoiding doing things in those areas that could make the company to issue such letters. Stick strictly to their rules, don't let them find fault, that's all.

BunQ
Member
Fri, 21 Jul 2017 09:44:11 AM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Fri, 21 Jul 2017 09:34:39 AM

So, your actually an employee of the agency (that pays your salary, contribute to EPF and SOCSO) and not an employee of the company that issued you with the show-cause letter, is that correct? If that is true, then I think the company has no business to issue you show-cause letter. What they should do is to complain to the agency if they are not happy with your services. 

Anyway, about those show-cause letters, issued rightly or wrongly aside,you could easily resolve the problems by avoiding doing things in those areas that could make the company to issue such letters. Stick strictly to their rules, don't let them find fault, that's all.

Yes but the show cause letter issued by my agency, due to my company (as their client) complained and asked to action.Agreed with if I'm clearly understand their rules, I'll follow all the way. But if I'm explaining in just my stand point like the contents above, will it affecting any issue?
KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 21 Jul 2017 12:08:04 PM

Very simple, strike up a good working relations with the client and provide services to their satisfaction. Such good relations can really help for future advancement and it is not uncommon for clients to take in capable servicing people as their permanent staff. Meanwhile, assure your agency that you will heed their advice, no need for extra explanation.

BunQ
Member
Sun, 23 Jul 2017 11:55:23 AM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Fri, 21 Jul 2017 12:08:04 PM

Very simple, strike up a good working relations with the client and provide services to their satisfaction. Such good relations can really help for future advancement and it is not uncommon for clients to take in capable servicing people as their permanent staff. Meanwhile, assure your agency that you will heed their advice, no need for extra explanation.

Thank you so muchKL SiewAppreciated your advice

  This topic is closed