RegisterLog In

Company Outing

Eddie_6677
Mon, 17 Jul 2017 06:04:40 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 04:49:20 PM)

Dear Sir & Madam,

I would like to ask, my company nowadays always organize outing for the company staff once a month.

The outing activities is like hiking or some other outdoor activities. And the memo the come out with state " attendance are compulsory for all staff" . I do not understand why the company can forcing the staff to join the activity during their off day or personal time. Can you please advice me is that conflict with labour law?

Thank you

T E TAN
Tue, 18 Jul 2017 06:21:58 AM

Dear Eddie

In the first place all employees must appreciate what the employers are trying to inculcate in their employees ie building strong physical and mental fitness amongst employees. That's why such healthy activities like hiking and other outdoor activities are organised. It takes a lot of time, efforts and financial resources to organise!

If it's organised during working hours/days, then employees must attend. But if it's done during holidays or weekends and if the employee has valid reasons not to attend, reasonable employers mostly like will excuse the affected employee.

Eddie_6677
Wed, 19 Jul 2017 04:49:20 PM

Dear Tan,

Thanks for your advice. We do appreciate that, but just hope that not always happen on off day, because we need our own time as well.

This topic is closed