RegisterLog In

Resignation with compensation

Chong
Thu, 22 Jun 2017 03:07:35 PM  (Last updated: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 07:58:01 AM)
Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to know if the employer wants me to resign and asks me to sign a resignation letter with an agreed compensation amount even though I am resign unwillingly. Instead of giving me a termination letter they give me a resignation letter to sign, in this case can I file my complaint to IRD for this dismissal ? Need your reply urgently. Thank you. Chong.
KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 22 Jun 2017 04:01:01 PM

You can try and personally go to the Industrial Relations Department and talk to the officer there. Next time don't sign anything given to you without reading or understanding it.

Chong
Thu, 22 Jun 2017 05:01:23 PM
Thanks for your reply. In fact I have not yet signed anything. I knew that the boss is trying to find fault on me and terminate me even thought he could not find any of my fault now. But previously there were few cases that the company asked my colleagues to sign a resignation letter and asked them to leave immediately by giving them some compensation. I am just want to know whether I still can file a complaint to IRD about the dismissal. Thank you
KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 22 Jun 2017 05:15:02 PM

In that case, just carry on working as usual and to the best of your abilities, don't let him find fault. If you want, wait for his next action. If he terminate your service for whatever reasons, then you can bring the matter up with the IRD.

Chong
Fri, 23 Jun 2017 07:57:59 AM
Thank you very much for your promptly reply and your advice is very much appreciated. Thank you.

This topic is closed