RegisterLog In

Medical and Dental Benefits after Tendering Resignation

MsBliss
Wed, 14 Jun 2017 11:17:10 AM  (Last updated: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 03:13:30 PM)

My company gives us dental allowance annually, which I took after I sent in my resignation letter. However, my HR personnel raises the issue that my dental claim may not be approved because once I tendered my resignation, I am supposedly no longer eligible for any dental benefits. Is that true? For your information, this clause - if it's true - is not mentioned in my employment contract at all. Thanks in advance for your advice. 

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 14 Jun 2017 12:48:54 PM

Under the Employment Act, there is no provision for medical claims or dental claims. Such benefits depend on the policy of the individual companies.

MsBliss
Wed, 14 Jun 2017 12:51:45 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Wed, 14 Jun 2017 12:48:54 PM

Under the Employment Act, there is no provision for medical claims or dental claims. Such benefits depend on the policy of the individual companies.

I understand that. However, can I argue that I am still be eligible for it, since it's not specifically stated that once I tender my resignation I can no longer make dental claims? 

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 14 Jun 2017 03:13:30 PM

Why not you give a call to the Labour Department and see what they say about it officially.

This topic is closed