RegisterLog In

No confirmation after probation period

Fri, 09 Jun 2017 07:36:49 PM  (Last updated: Sun, 11 Jun 2017 11:56:01 AM)

Dear Sir or Madam,
I have join a company since Jan 2017.
According to my letter of offer, probation period are 3 months and my working hours is Monday to Friday 0900-1700hrs.
I getting know that I'm pregnant since Feb 2017 and due to my health condition, I have my follow up with government hospital and my medical leave application always apply in advance (because government hospital always give doctor appointment in advance.) and I will attached medical certificate, if no MC given I'll apply as unpaid leave.
I have follow up with management team for my confirmation since end of March, but I still not receive it until today.
Today, I have receive an email from my managing director, due to he is organise a meeting on Saturday and I can't attend, he want to deduct from my annual leave.
I'm not sure am I entitle annual leave since I don't receive any confirmation until today.
But I have a few enquiry as below:
1. My MC average took 2-3 days per month with medical certificate, will the management use this as a reason to terminate me?
2. If they insist and deduct my salary due to I don't go for meeting on Saturday. What can I do?
3. If they not going to give me a confirmation letter, am I entitle for maternity leave?
FYI I cannot get information from my company because they do not own a HR department hence I need advise from here.
Please let me know if u need any supporting document from me.
Thank you.

KL Siew
Sat, 10 Jun 2017 04:11:22 PM

What I can comment is that if you ever have problems with your company like salary deductions or maternity benefits or termination of service, you can always make complaint at either the Labour Department or the Industrial Relations Department.

Sun, 11 Jun 2017 10:42:39 AM

Thank you. If income above RM2k also can seek for assistant from Labour Department?

KL Siew
Sun, 11 Jun 2017 11:56:00 AM

1. For maternity benefits you still can go to the Labour Department.

2. For termination of service, you may have to seek help from the Industrial Relations Department.

  This topic is closed