RegisterLog In

Petrol / Millage Claim Enquiry

awee
Mon, 27 Mar 2017 12:08:29 AM  (Last updated: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 10:04:31 AM)

Hi All,

May I humbly request for some opinion from everyone regarding business expenses claim? I am currently worked in sales/marketing line, intensive traveling as always. In my offer letter / letter of employment, it clearly written that I am able to claim for both below: 

1) Fuel Millage (at RM0.35 per km, if business trip exceeded 50km distance from office as based location).

2. Petrol Expenses (with transaction receipt, if business trip exceeded 50km distance from office as based location​) as well.

Recently my company told me that I am not allow to claim both (for JAN & FEB), instead only Millage claim allowed (but previous months both are allowed). My last month petrol are now not reimbursable (not small amount), but in Offer Letter stated claimable. When I asked the management, they told me that it was a typo error in offer letter.

So may I seek for some opinion, am I have the right to claim back the amount with them?

Appreciate if anyone can give some opinion, many thanks!

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 27 Mar 2017 10:04:30 AM

Why not talk to them again if they want to do that they could at least start the new rule in the coming month and not from the month claims already submitted? They should give notice first to correct the typo mistake or whatever. 

This topic is closed