RegisterLog In

Signed appointment letter but didnt turn to work

Infinitude
Mon, 20 Feb 2017 05:39:27 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 08:14:20 PM)

Decided not to proceed with the job offer but the employer insist want me to start work. The offer letter stated 2 weeks notice period for resignation. Can I just inform the employer that I will pay them as an compensation? Please advise.

Infinitude
Mon, 20 Feb 2017 06:17:08 PM
Originally posted by Infinitude on Mon, 20 Feb 2017 08:14:20 PM

Decided not to proceed with the job offer but the employer insist want me to start work. The offer letter stated 2 weeks notice period for resignation. Can I just inform the employer that I will pay them as an compensation? Please advise.

Appointment letter did stated as "probationary staff may be terminated by either party by giving 2 weeks notice in writing or payment of 2 weeks salary in lieu of notice."

Can I just send a msg to them and follow with email?

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 20 Feb 2017 06:43:25 PM

If you have not reported for work, just inform them that you have changed your mind about the job due to some unforeseen circumstances. Don't offer to pay anything.

Infinitude
Mon, 20 Feb 2017 06:52:04 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Mon, 20 Feb 2017 06:43:25 PM

If you have not reported for work, just inform them that you have changed your mind about the job due to some unforeseen circumstances. Don't offer to pay anything.

Actually today I supposed report to work. But due to some medical reason I didn't turn up to work but I did informed them. I msg them that I need to take some break and unable to join them but the employer insist want to meet up with me. Can I just drop them an email to inform that I would like to withdraw from the job?

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 20 Feb 2017 07:05:52 PM

I don't see why not.

Infinitude
Mon, 20 Feb 2017 08:14:20 PM

Thanks Siew. Will send withdrawal job email to them.

This topic is closed